The Dos and Don’ts of DIY Eyebrow Care
Eyebrows are one of our most important facial features. Lush, healthy-looking brows enhance the allure of our eyes, create a frame for our face and make us look more youthful and attractive.
While we can all agree that professionally groomed brows are best, we may not always have the time—or the budget—to visit the salon as often as we’d like. At the same time, we still want our brows to look amazing. After all, no woman wants her brows looking anything less than “on fleek”—or, even worse, having unkempt brows that could be mistaken for (gasp!) a unibrow.
If you’re in need of a minor touch-up to remove a few stray hairs between brow appointments, it’s relatively easy to do so at home. Here are my basic dos and don’ts of DIY eyebrow care. (Plus, I’ve added a very important step to add to your daily personal care routine.)
1. Start with clean, make-up free skin.
2. Use a high-quality pair of tweezers. Yes, the slanted style is much easier to remove only the hairs you want—and not your skin.
3. Pluck a few stray eyebrow hairs only after a hot shower. Why? Warm water helps open up the follicles for easier removal.
4. Use natural light! To prevent overzealous tweezing, keep away from the harsh, artificial light at all costs.
5. Stand at least one foot away from your mirror. (Avoid the dreaded magnification mirror! It’s the number one culprit for tweezing way too much.)
6. Use a spiral brush or a brand-new toothbrush to carefully sweep your eyebrow hair upward (so you can see their precise shape).
7. Carefully tweeze in the same direction of your hair growth. This way, the entire strand of hair can easily come out.
8. Use caution—only pluck a few stray hairs and quit.
9. Apply aloe vera afterward to soothe your skin. Simply rub a pea-sized amount on your skin. This will help alleviate any redness or discomfort.
10. Find a professional brow expert for anything more than a little DIY touch-up. Ask a friend who has gorgeous brows to recommend a trusted aesthetician.
Here’s a Bonus Do:
11: Include EES – Essential Eyebrow Solution® into your daily personal care routine. Use twice daily (as directed) for bolder, thicker more beautiful brows.
To learn more about EES, click here: https://ees-admin-staging.bxpotbd7-liquidwebsites.com/how-it-works/.
1. Don’t wax your brows between appointments. While it may seem faster to get rid of a stray hair or two, it’s also riskier to the delicate eyebrow than tweezing.
2. Don’t be tempted to try eyebrow shaving either. If you get scraped or cut, there’s no hiding it.
3. Don’t stress about your brows! The eyebrow care experts are here to help! Keep reading my blogs for more helpful information on eyebrow-related tips and trends.
I hope you’ve found these DIY eyebrow care tips to be helpful for your eyebrow needs. Cheers to more beautiful brow days ahead!
Always remember: Be informed. Be encouraged. Be empowered. But, most of all . . .Be yourself.
About the Author
Renata Marie Vestevich is the president and founder of EES – Essential Eyebrow Solution®. She is also the owner and director of Advanced Hair Solutions in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Her career covers more than 30 years in the cosmetology and hair replacement industry. To read Renata’s full bio, click here.